It is obvious that you will find plenty of beard trimmer reviews online when you are thinking of purchasing a beard trimmer. What is more important that reviews are that you stay safe and do not hurt yourself. It is an electrical equipment and it can injure you badly beyond your imagination. Safety should be your first priority. You can check out hundreds of reviews and pick one with the perfect blades, length settings, attachments but no matter how superior your trimmer is, it will not be able to protect yourself from dangers. Do not worry because you are the only person who can protect yourself from all the trouble. Here are some rules you should follow.
Related articles about Safety rules for using a beard trimmer
1. Oiling keeps your blades feel like brand-new. They protect the blades from rusting or damaging. You can get the perfect trim when you oil the blade. Therefore, do not ignore this but make sure while you are putting it on the blades, the beard trimmer is not plugged in. Another thing to be careful about is that it is a liquid. It will slip and fall into the nooks and crannies of your device. Be sure to use only a single drop.
2. Many trimmers let the users use the device with the cord or without it. Occasionally look over the cord to find damage. If you can find that there is a problem, communicate with the company to get a replacement. Stop using the beard trimmer till you get a new cord. If you can take care of your beard trimmer properly from day one, there will be no damage.
3. Find out if the voltage that is printed on the trimmer’s charger resembles to the local mains supply of voltage. If there is someone with abridged physical, mental or sensory capabilities, except when they are supervised by you or another individual who is going to be accountable for their safety, do not let the use it.
4. Keep the beard trimmer away from children. They can break it or play with it. You will not know what they did and when you plug it back, there can be electrical shocks. It can happen if they poured some liquid or dipped it in a bucket of water. They can open the parts and if they swallow it, there will be serious medical issues. You must take them to the emergency when this happens. It is best to keep your beard trimmer out of reach or locked in a place they cannot reach to avoid any problem.
5. It can happen that you are fully ready and before leaving, you are giving yourself a trim. No matter what is in your hands, take them off. It is fine if it is a rubber wristband. If you are wearing rings, metallic bracelets or bands, take them off before using the beard trimmer. Cordless use is much more safe that corded.
6. If you see that there is a problem with your beard trimmer, before trying to fix it, take the plug off.